This Cheesy Zucchini Taco Skillet is a quick and easy, 21 Day Fix-approved comfort food dinner recipe. Because even healthy eaters deserve cheese with their zucchini. 😉
I’m all for meal planning.
But sometimes the most delicious meals come out of not having a plan.
Like this Cheesy Zucchini Taco Skillet.
And people think the 21 Day Fix is a diet. Ha!
Anyway, this easy, cheesy zucchini taco skillet meal comes together in no time and it’s about as family friendly as they come. Because my garden is exploding with zucchini, we have been eating it almost every night.
My kids were asking for Tacos, but I didn’t have any shells or lettuce to make taco salads, but I did have zucchini. And beef.
And about 20 minutes because my kids were starving and threatening to eat every snack in the pantry.
And so this amazingly easy one skillet dinner was born. My husband could have eaten this entire pan, by the way, if I didn’t portion it out for myself and the kids.
Before I mixed in the cheese, I plated some for my son and topped it with his dairy free cheese. The rest of us had some cheddar and Monterey Jack with ours – YUM.
And we topped it with our favorite Taco Toppings – more cheese, some avocado, and cilantro.
If you have picky kids, dice or shred your zucchini smaller! It should be easy to hide with all the other yummy flavors like I do in this Cauliflower Taco Meat. Or even put it in a tortilla for them. My kids are used to the green now, since I’m kind of obsessed and eat some kind of squash every day in the summer months. #zucchiniaddiction
I even love this in lettuce wraps, so get creative and enjoy!
I hope you like this cheesy zucchini taco skillet recipe!
Cheesy Zucchini Taco Skillet
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean grass-fed ground sirloin
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or salt free taco seasoning
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes or (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Optional taco toppings
- Avocado, cilantro, extra cheese, anything goes!
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray. Over medium low heat, saute onions and pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook together for 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Stir in 2/3 cup of cheese and remove from heat (or omit this step for dairy free or if you are over your blue).
- Portion into 4 bowls and top with your favorite taco toppings!
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!