This Lemony Arugula Salad may be the easiest, quickest, most delicious 21 Day Fix salad you can make. Make this Arugula Salad recipe for lunch, dinner, or an easy to throw together side.This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
This post was originally shared on April 4, 2015, but is being republished with new photos and new information.
Confession #20 – I need a night out. With my husband.
I want to sit down, order a meal, be waited on, and actually have a conversation without being interrupted 700 times.
Until then, I have recreated my favorite Lemony Shrimp and Arugula Salad from a local restaurant around here. And it couldn’t be more simple or fast, and the ingredients are minimal!
Ingredients for Lemony Arugula Salad
- Plenty of arugula
- Fresh lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shrimp, salmon, or chicken, or you can keep this totally vegetarian! It would also be delish with chickpeas!
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper (pepper is optional)
- Shaved Parmesan or Pecorino Romano – you can shave this yourself right off the block or buy it already shaved
How to Make Arugula Salad
This salad is perfect for the hot, busy days of summer when you don’t feel like cooking. Or when your kids won’t leave you alone. Is it me, or is this like every day?
Anyway, start by a grabbing a couple handfuls of fresh arugula. Drizzle on a couple teaspoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil, then squeeze on some lemon juice. Sprinkle on some salt and toss well.
Saute some shrimp in olive oil for 1-2 minutes per side. Then top your arugula salad with shaved Parmesan and add on your shrimp. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper if you want…or not. And that’s it. Simple. Fresh. Delicious.
Why this Arugula Salad with Shrimp is the freaking best:
- It feels fancy even if you are home eating it in your yoga pants
- It makes a great side dish, lunch, or dinner
- It’s ready in minutes and no need to make or buy a dressing – just grab your pantry staples and go!
- The dressing doesn’t count as an orange for FIXers, so you can save that orange container for my Healthy Strawberry Shortcake, No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies, or Easy Chocolate Macaroons.
Looking for more Healthy Salad Recipes? Check these out:
I’ve only been interrupted 25 times since I started this post.
Not too bad.
This Lemony Arugula Salad may be the easiest, quickest, most delicious 21 Day Fix salad you can make. Make this Arugula Salad recipe for lunch, dinner, or easy to throw together side.
- 1/2 pound of raw shrimp (or enough for two red containers)
- 4 cups of arugula
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice + optional lemon zest
- 5 T shaved parmesan
- Sprinkle raw shrimp with salt on both sides. Spray a ceramic or cast iron pan with olive oil spray and place on medium heat. Add in 1 tsp of olive oil and place shrimp in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook second side for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle arugula with remaining olive oil and lemon juice and give it a toss. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Taste and add additional olive oil or lemon, if desired.
- Divide arugula onto two plates. Top with shrimp and shaved parmesan. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 1/2 TSP (per salad)
WW: Green – 5 points, Blue – 4 points, Purple – 4 points (per salad)
Keywords: arugula salad, shrimp and arugula salad, arugula lemon olive oil, summer salads, 21 Day Fix Salad
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!