These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies are made with only three ingredients: coconut flour, maple syrup, and peanut butter! They are a cross between an energy bite, a cookie, and fudgy candy and the perfect little snack when you are craving something sweet.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Confessions of a Fit Foodie possible.
Guys…my oven stopped working this weekend.
Like right in the middle of testing a new brownie recipe. All the ughs.
I am lucky to own more than one Instant Pot and Air Fryer (like way more, lol), but with my kids home, we have been using the oven a lot more and baking all the things.
And so we have been on the no-bake train for the last few days, making all of our favorite no bake treats and experimenting with new recipes…like these cookies.
Guys. These cookies are so ridiculously simple, yet I can’t make them fast enough for my husband and kids. When I made a batch to photograph yesterday, my son stood next to me and begged for one the entire time. His tiny hand is in like 95% of the photos and he kept begging me to smell them, lol.
Love Peanut Butter and Chocolate? Try my NEW Homemade Tagalongs! They are gluten free + vegan, just like this recipe!
Why No Bake Recipes like these Peanut Butter Cookies Rule
- You don’t have to turn on your oven and heat up your house
- No waiting for a recipe to bake, then cool. You can whip these up and enjoy in minutes
- If you have kids, they can make them all by themselves without any help from you
What do No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies taste like?
These gluten free no bake cookies taste like cookies, but they have the texture of an energy bite or even cookie dough! If you have ever had a Perfect Bar, they really remind me of those. Because they aren’t baked, they don’t have a crunch, but my family loved them regardless!
Are these No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies healthy?
Yes! They are the perfect healthy snack for when you are craving something sweet, but they are made with just a few healthy ingredients! I love these for the 21 Day Fix because they only count as 1/4 orange and 1.5 tsp per serving! They are also gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Ingredients for No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies start with a base of just three simple ingredients:
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour – using coconut flour in no bake desserts is perfect because it can be safely consumed when raw, since just desiccated coconut made into a flour. And Bob’s Red Mill uses the highest quality of organic coconut in their coconut flour, which is why it’s my go-to brand!
- Peanut Butter – you want to use a drippy, all natural peanut butter (like this one from Costco) that doesn’t contain any added oil or sugar. This will yield the best results in your cookies. If you only have a no-stir peanut butter, that will work, too, but the cookies will be a little more dry. If you have an allergy and want to sub almond butter or sun butter, just make sure they are also the drippy kind!
- Maple Syrup – maple syrup gives these cookies a little moisture and sweetness. I haven’t tested it with honey, but I believe it would work fine. If you are looking for a vegan cookie, maple syrup is the best choice.
You can use just these ingredients or add even more flavor by making them No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate drizzle…more on that later!
Can I sub the coconut flour for a different flour?
I get this question all the time when I make coconut flour desserts. In case you have never used it, coconut flour is a low carb, allergy friendly, and high fiber flour, so it’s an excellent choice for healthy baked treats. It has a mild, sweet taste (not overly coconutty – is that a word?) and it combines well with other flavors. It’s one of my pantry staples and I keep finding new ways to use it.
Unlike all purpose flour and almond flour, however, coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid, so therefore it cannot be subbed 1:1 with other flours. If you only have almond flour on hand, you could try these yummy no bake Protein Balls that are made with similar ingredients! Or try these Peanut Butter Banana Cookies made with oats!
If you are making a coconut flour recipe like these No Bake Peanut butter Cookies, it’s best to just stick with the recipe! Grab a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour and you’ll be much happier with the end result of the cookies!
More Coconut Flour recipes to try:
- Healthy Samoas Cookie Bars
- Healthy Strawberry Shortcake
- Healthy Copycat Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Easy Chocolate Macaroons
How to Make Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe really couldn’t be easier…and it’s the perfect recipe to make with your kids this summer!
- Mix the coconut flour, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Add in a tsp of vanilla extract if you are feeling a little extra today…it’s not necessary, but I like to add it when I have it!
- Roll the cookies into equal sized balls (about a rounded 1/2 tablespoon each)
- Use a fork to flatten cookies and make the traditional PB Cookie grid lines (or skip this and eat them as energy bite balls!)
- Optional – top with some flaky sea salt and melted chocolate
- Give them a couple minutes to “set” and then enjoy!
How do I make these No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate topping?
It’s no secret that Peanut Butter and chocolate are my favorite combo, so I decided to quickly melt some dairy free dark chocolate chips with a tsp of coconut oil to drizzle over each cookie. Not enough to add a lot of calories, just enough to add some chocolatey flavor. It worked perfectly. You could also leave this out or even press in a couple of mini chips for same effect.
Looking for more Yummy No Bake Desserts for summer? Try these:
- Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- Whipped Ricotta Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Healthy Copycat Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Coconut Mounds Cups
- Banana Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Banana Ice Cream Pie
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and use in my kitchen daily!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup all natural drippy peanut butter (just peanuts and maybe salt)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla if you have it…not necessary if you don’t!
optional chocolate drizzle:
- 1 tablespoon vegan dark chocolate chips I used Enjoy life
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Flakey sea salt
- Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup. Add in a tsp of vanilla extract if you have it, if not, leave it out. Slowly mix in coconut flour and still until a dough forms.
- Roll the cookies into equal sized balls (about one rounded 1/2 tablespoon each) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate. I typically get around 16 small cookies.
- Use a fork to flatten into cookies and make the traditional PB Cookie grid lines (or skip this and eat them as energy bite balls!)
- Optional – top with some flakey sea salt and melted chocolate. Place 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips in a small microwave safe dish. Heat for ten seconds, then stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted. Drizzle melted chocolate onto each cookie with a spoon or fork.
- Give them a couple minutes to “set” (I like them chilled in the fridge) and then enjoy!