This Healthy Alfredo Sauce is creamy, delicious, and full of flavor without all the extra fat and calories! Made with almond milk, this Alfredo Recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite pasta dinner on the 21 Day Fix.
4–5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of olive oil or olive oil spray
4 tsp butter, vegan butter, or ghee
4 tsp gluten free or whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup original unsweetened almond or cashew milk
1/4 cup freshly shredded white cheddar cheese, packed in tight
1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan Reggiano cheese, packed in tight
2 T Pecorino Romano cheese (or just sub extra Parmesan cheese)
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt + more to taste
a dash of nutmeg and fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat a ceramic or stainless steel pan over medium low heat. Add in olive oil and garlic. Stir until fragrant, then add in butter.
- Slowly whisk in flour until well combined with the butter and garlic.
- While whisking, slowly add in 1 ½ cups of almond milk. Increase heat to medium and allow milk and flour to thicken for several minutes.
- Once your roux is thickened, reduce heat to low and add in all the cheese, stirring well until the sauce is creamy.
- If your sauce is too thick, stir in the additional milk. Remove from heat.
- Add in ¼ tsp of salt (or to taste) and a sprinkle of pepper. Serve with noodles, veggies, and or your favorite protein and top with extra parmesan and garnish with fresh parsley and a pinch of nutmeg.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1/2 BLUE, 1 TSP (per serving)
WW link for personal points: Healthy Alfredo Sauce
- Serving Size: ~1/3 cup
Keywords: alfredo recipe, alfredo sauce, healthy alfredo sauce, alfredo sauce with milk