A Healthy Meal plan with quick dinners to get you through the craziness of December. This meal plan has 5 dinners and breakfast to help keep your sanity intact. Plus 21 Day Fix Containers, WW personal points, and a meal planning spreadsheet included, too.
Healthy Meal Plan
Last year we took the final two weeks of December off from meal plans and, welp, I can see why. Life is insane in December. And this year December just feels extra crazy! I feel like I am just living with my notepad of things to-do permanently in my hand.
But this meal plan feels semi doable, and a good way to make sure the crazy doesn’t become all consuming, ya know? Even if you only use one or two meals for inspo, I hope it helps you feel more in control of life!
If you need a lunch idea I suggest sticking to a really simple taco salad or bowl with Hidden Cauliflower Taco Meat or Salsa Lime Chicken as the protein. Or a bento box type lunch (think deli meat rolled up, cheese or hummus, sliced veggies, crackers, a fruit) is a good way to have a balanced lunch without much prep. And we need to conserve all the time and energy we can this week! Amiright?
For your planning purposes… there will be no weekly meal plan next week, BUT we will be ready to go with a new FULL plan for the first week of January, plus lots of new yummy, healthy recipes coming in the New Year! 🙌
About This Meal Plan
If you are new to my weekly meal plans, each week there are five dinners and a breakfast planned out, along with a lunch suggestion. The meal plan follows the 21 Day Fix containers and also includes WW personal points. But it is perfect for anyone who is interested in healthy eating, portion control, prioritizing whole foods, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Grocery List and Prep Tips
The itemized grocery list can be found in my weekly email for email subscribers! In the weekly email there are also step-by-step prep tips for these meal plans which makes the week go SOO much smoother in the prep department. It’s not too late to become an email subscriber and get these resources. Just click the link to join!
For 21 Day FIX | Portion Fix Meal Plan Followers
So, all five dinners and a breakfast are already loaded into a meal planning spreadsheet for you here. Just add in lunch and snacks and make any adjustments you need. Note: Click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If paper and pencil is more your thing:
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Followers
Each recipe on this meal plan has a link to find your personal points. If you go to the recipe card on each blog post you will find the link in the “notes” section. Click on that link and it will take you to the Weight Watchers website where you can see the points for the recipe and add it to your day (but you must be logged into your account).
You can see how the whole week fits together on the 12.19.22 Meal Plan at a Glance Spreadsheet
For best results: click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If you need a lunch idea I suggest sticking to a really simple taco salad with Hidden Cauliflower Taco Meat or Salsa Lime Chicken as the protein.
Or a bento box type lunch (think deli meat rolled up, cheese or hummus, sliced veggies, crackers, a fruit) is a good way to have a balanced lunch without much prep.
When I meal plan I always start by planning my dinners. Then breakfast, then lunch. And finally, I fill in my snacks for the day with my remaining macros, points, or containers.
Healthy Snack Ideas | 21 Day Fix Snacks this post is a great way to get ideas for the containers, points, or macros you have leftover after you plan the rest of your day!
It’s still important to follow the 21 Day Fix plan on Saturdays and Sundays for optimal results, but you will likely have leftover meals and ingredients after following this healthy weekly meal plan. And, so, to eliminate food waste, take inventory of your fridge and pantry at the end of the week and create a plan for the weekend. Many people like to get some healthy takeout one night – think yummy salads with grilled protein or a slice of veggie pizza – and we have this helpful Healthy Weekend Meals post to help you even more!
You are in luck! I have 14 FREE and FULL 21 Day Fix Meal Plans for all of the calorie brackets ready to go for you!
This Week’s Plan
- 4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons melted butter vegan butter, or coconut oil (we love it with vegan butter best)
- Coconut or avocado oil cooking spray
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, chicken breast, or chicken thighs (I used a combination bc I love the richness that the thighs add to the broth)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup onion diced (about 1 small onion)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 small head cauliflower washed and bottom leaves trimmed but still intact
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ½ teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Fresh parsley and/or thyme for garnish
For the Gluten Free Dumplings
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour be sure it has xantham gum in it or you will need to add – I love Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Baking Flour. You can sub whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour if you don’t need gluten free.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup of almond or cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives optional
1-2 T of homemade salt-free taco seasoning OR the following spices:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Sprinkle salt
- 1 lb ground meat I used 95% lean ground beef
- 1 lb mini peppers halved and seeded
- 2/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups prepared fresh salsa
- Fresh cilantro
- Additional toppings – avocado, plain Greek yogurt, olives, etc
- 2 cups cauliflower rice thawed if frozen (although I have done it from frozen in a pinch!)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons rice flour or gf flour blend
- 4 teaspoons vegan butter, butter, or ghee
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese use Daiya for dairy free!
- Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak trimmed of any fat and sliced thin – about 1/2 inch strips (on a budget? This is amazing with lean ground beef, too! Just brown your meat first!)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil can sub olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons gluten free flour sub arrowroot or tapioca for paleo
- Matchstick carrots and/or thinly sliced red cabbage
- Cilantro and/or green onions for garnish
- Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1 lb boneless skinless breast tenderloins or about 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- ⅔ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt I love Fage brand
- ⅓ cup small curd cottage cheese I love Friendship whipped brand, drained of excess water (I use a small mesh strainer)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese can double if desired – just increase the blue
- Garnish – green onion
Leave a Reply