A Healthy Meal plan with reader favorite dinners that the whole family will love. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo week with two drool worthy Mexican recipes! Plus 21 Day Fix Containers, WW points, and a meal planning spreadsheet included, too.
Healthy Meal Plan
Cinco De Mayo is a whole vibe here this week! I could eat tacos daily and Cinco De Mayo is the perfect excuse to do that. I limited myself to two Mexican inspired meals on this plan…but I might be eating more than that myself next week.
This weekly plan is actually originally based off of Full Plan Vol 6 so if you want to just follow that instead, you can have your whole week planned out! (Just no nachos or Mexican lasagna for you lol!)
For lunch, I’m totally in the mood for Berry Chicken Salad (recipe is in the app or on the weekly spreadsheet) and plan to have some leftover Mexican Lasagna one of the days. I also highly recommend doubling the Asian Meatballs for the freezer and/or for your lunches this week. Takes zero extra time to do this!
Fit Healthy Meal Plans
In case you missed it, we launched a Brand New Meal Planning App called Fit Healthy Meal Plans! This app is the perfect way to take my Meal Plan inspo and totally customize YOUR plan + grocery list! It’s seriously a game changer for all my meal planning peeps!!!
Click here to read more, but just reach out if you have any questions!
App users – There is a whole Cinco De Mayo section in the app now for your planning purposes! We also added the suggested lunch – Berry Chicken Salad with strawberry balsamic dressing – as an app exclusive recipe! Check it out!
About This Meal Plan
If you have been following full plans, and are new to my weekly meal plans, each week there are five dinners and a breakfast planned out, along with a lunch suggestion.
These weekly plans allow for more flexibility, but the meal plan still follows the 21 Day Fix containers and also includes WW points. This plan is perfect for anyone who is interested in healthy eating, portion control, prioritizing whole foods, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Grocery List and Prep Tips
The grocery list can be found in my weekly email for email subscribers! In the weekly email there are also step-by-step prep tips for these meal plans which makes the week go SOO much smoother in the prep department. It’s not too late to become an email subscriber and get these resources. Just click the link to sign up – it’s FREE!
For 21 Day FIX | Portion Fix Meal Plan Followers
So, all five dinners and a breakfast are already loaded into a meal planning spreadsheet for you here. Just add in lunch and snacks and make any adjustments you need. Note: Click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If paper and pencil is more your thing try these:
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Followers
We are working on converting each recipe on the site to the new WW points system. Some recipes still have a link to find your personal points, while others have the points listed. In both cases, if you go to the recipe card on each blog post you will find the WW points info in the “notes” section. Thank you for bearing with us while we work on adapting to the new system!
You can see how the whole week fits together on the 5.1.23 Meal Plan at a Glance Spreadsheet.
For best results: click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
I’m totally in the mood for Berry Chicken Salad (recipe is in the app or on the weekly spreadsheet) and plan to have some leftover Mexican Lasagna one of the days. I also highly recommend doubling the Asian Meatballs for the freezer and/or for your lunches this week. Takes zero extra time to do this!
For other lunch ideas, check out this popular post – 35+ High Protein Lunch Ideas!
When I meal plan I always start by planning my dinners. Then breakfast, then lunch. And finally, I fill in my snacks for the day with my remaining macros, points, or containers.
Healthy Snack Ideas | 21 Day Fix Snacks this post is a great way to get ideas for the containers, points, or macros you have leftover after you plan the rest of your day!
It’s still important to follow the 21 Day Fix plan on Saturdays and Sundays for optimal results, but you will likely have leftover meals and ingredients after following this healthy weekly meal plan. And, so, to eliminate food waste, take inventory of your fridge and pantry at the end of the week and create a plan for the weekend. Many people like to get some healthy takeout one night – think yummy salads with grilled protein or a slice of veggie pizza – and we have this helpful Healthy Weekend Meals post to help you even more!
You are in luck! I have 16 FREE and FULL 21 Day Fix Meal Plans for all of the calorie brackets ready to go for you!
This Week’s Plan
- 1 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats we use gluten free
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 cup diced fruit berries are a favorite
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 lb ground chicken 98% fat free for WW
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup matchstick carrots diced up small
- ¼ cup gluten free or whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil use 1 tsp for WW
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free flour only needed for IP cooking method (sub arrowroot or tapioca for paleo, sub whole wheat if no other dietary restrictions)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground sirloin beef, or other ground protein
- 2 tablespoons salt free taco seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 10 oz mild Rotel
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 gluten free corn tortillas cut in half
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Diced jalapeno
- Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons avocado or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder or more to taste
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups frozen butternut squash
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders or chicken thighs diced
- 1/3 cup Coconut milk
- Garnish with green onion + cilantro if you have them I didn’t!
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey or slightly more to taste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 8 corn tortillas
- Olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 lb ground chicken beef, or turkey (or leftover meat as discussed in the post)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Salt Free Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice optional
- 1/2 -1 cup homemade or store bought pico de gallo or chopped cherry tomatoes
- ⅔ -1 1/3 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar or your favorite cheese I love using the full amount of cheese -or- doing half shredded cheese and half of my 21 Day Fix Freezable Cheese Sauce
- Optional toppings: diced avocado or guacamole FIXers – this would add more blue
- Diced red onion
- Plain greek yogurt