These Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are fresh, delicious, and so quick and easy to make! And thanks to a homemade taco seasoning, they are a low sodium, low calorie, gluten-free way to celebrate taco Tuesday.
- 1–3 pounds of chicken breast or tenderloins (I prefer tenderloins)
- 1 10 oz can of low sodium tomato sauce
- 1–2 T of salt free taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of Himalayan or Kosher salt (you might need more if you use more meat, but start with less and add more after tasting)
- 1/4 cup of water or broth
- Optional: squeeze of fresh lime
- Favorite taco toppings: purple cabbage, greek yogurt, cheese, avocado, cilantro, fresh lime, fresh pico
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Corn tortillas
- Himalayan or Kosher salt
For the chicken:
- Mix salt free taco seasoning, if you haven’t prepped it prior.
- Add chicken to the instant pot inner liner and add in water.
- Mix seasonings with the sauce and pour it over chicken.
- Set instant pot for 15 minutes on manual, then do a 10 minute natural release before releasing the rest of the pressure. **If your chicken is a frozen block, set it for 20 minutes instead of 15.
- Using two forks, shred your chicken. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired. Optional, but recommended, squeeze in some fresh lime.
- Enjoy in a salad or in a taco with your favorite toppings!
For the tortillas:
- Spray olive oil spray into a cast iron or ceramic pan and set to medium high heat.
- Add in 2-3 corn tortillas and sprinkle them with salt. Cook until the bottom begins to brown, then flip, browning the other side until your tortilla is golden, warmed, and pliable.
21 Day Fix Containers: 3/4 cup of Taco Meat + 2 Corn Tortillas is 1 RED, 1 YELLOW, and 1/4 GREEN (Check your labels! Some of the Mission Brand Tortillas are 3 Tacos for 1 Yellow!)
WW: Green – 6 points, Blue – 3 points, Purple, 3 points plus toppings (per serving) [Calculated using 1 lb chicken, 10 oz sauce, 8 tortillas = 4 servings]
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Tacos