This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is so creamy delicious thanks to our secret ingredient: cauliflower puree!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (can sub water)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cups of elbow pasta (I used a 12 oz box of gluten free Barilla)
- 4 tsp of vegan butter or ghee (can sub regular butter)
- 2 1/2 cups of freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 T pecorino romano (optional, but highly recommended!)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Place the steam basket at the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add cauliflower florets and 2 cups of water. Set IP to 3 minutes on manual setting. After cook time is through, carefully set to quick release and wait for steam to stop before opening the lid. Drain the cauliflower and puree in a food processor with 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Measure out 2 cups of the puree for the Mac and Cheese. Freeze extra puree to use later.
- Add pasta, 2 cups of broth, garlic powder, butter, salt, and dry mustard into the IP. Set to manual for 2 minutes. After cook time is through, place a kitchen towel over the steam vent and switch to quick release. Wait for the steam to stop before opening the lid.
- Stir cheese and 2 cups of cauliflower puree into the pasta and mix well. Serve immediately!
Each serving is 1 1/3 YELLOW, 1/3 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1/2 tsp
Each serving is 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points using low fat cheese or 10 points for full fat
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Keywords: mac and cheese, pasta, cheese, instant pot, dinner, lunch, kid-friendly, gluten-free