This Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Mash for the 21 Day Fix, 2B Mindset, and Weight Watchers is the perfect low carb comfort food topped with bacon, cheddar, and chives! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
I did it.
I found a way to get my husband to eat Mashed Cauliflower. And not only eat it. LOVE it.
How did I do this exactly? One word.
Oh – and some bubbly cheese, but I honestly suspect that it was mostly the bacon.
Maybe we should back up a bit.
Do cauliflower mashed potatoes taste good?
Yes! I think they are creamy and delicious and I’ve been eating Mashed Cauliflower for the last few years, not really in place of potatoes, but as a lower carb, veggie filled mashed potatoes alternative.
But my husband has been Cauliflower Mash’s toughest critic. My solution to this up until now has been to mix mashed potatoes with mashed cauliflower like in my Healthy Shepherd‘s Pie…which, don’t get me wrong, we still adore.
However, I’m always on a mission to save my yellows on the 21 Day Fix, so I decided it was time to try again, this time pulling out all the stops! And thanks to the Instant Pot, this Loaded Cauliflower Mash is seriously so quick and easy, too.
How to Make Mashed Cauliflower in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
With this Loaded Cauliflower Mash recipe, you are first basically using your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to make Mashed Cauliflower! While it’s really easy to make Mashed Cauliflower on the Stovetop, I love the hands off feature of using the Instant Pot for it, too!
- Step one – add 1 cup of broth or water to the bottom of your instant pot
- Step two – place cauliflower florets in your steam basket or on a trivet
- Step three- set to manual for three minutes. After cook time, do a quick release.
- After steaming my cauliflower for three minutes in the IP, I used my trusty Cuisinart Food Processor (a blender or immersion blender could also work) to whip these babies to creamy perfection.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Mash with Bacon and Cheese
And now for the fun part! Take your Mashed Cauliflower up a million notches by loading it up with some yummy baked potato-esque toppings aka cheddar, bacon (which I sauted RIGHT in the Instant Pot!), and chives.
If you have a Mealthy CrispLid, this is the perfect recipe to use it with – just pot the lid on your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and broil away. If you don’t, you can broil your Loaded Cauliflower Mash to crisp up your toppings!
**Want a Mealthy CrispLid? Use my code CONFESSIONSOFAFITFOODIE for $10 off!
Cauliflower is the freaking best, isn’t it? It’s my favorite for Sneaky Veggie Recipes!
If you are looking for more cauliflower power, you have to check out these posts! Many of these are Instant Pot friendly, too:
Instant Pot Bacon and Beer Cheese Soup | The Foodie and the Fix (made with cauliflower and it’s to freaking die for!!!)
Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Mash
- 8 slices turkey bacon diced
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped or broken apart
- 2 tablespoons parm cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter can sub vegan butter or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Fresh chives optional garnish
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water or broth
- Spray Instant Pot with cooking oil spray. Using the saute function on the IP, saute diced bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of water or broth to IP and set cauliflower in a steam basket or on your trivet. Lock lid and set to 3 minutes. Quick release after the cook time is through.
- After cook time, place cauliflower in a food processor along with the butter, parmesan cheese and ¼ tsp of salt and pulse until creamy. **If you feel your cauliflower is water logged, you can wring it out in a cheese cloth before pulsing in the food processor.
- Place cauliflower mash in a glass casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar and bacon. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with chives and enjoy!