A Healthy Weekly Meal Plan with recipes to use up the last of our garden veggies like zucchini and tomatoes. This meal plan has breakfast, lunch, and 5 dinner ideas to help you have a great week in the kitchen! Plus 21 Day Fix Containers, WW points, and a meal planning spreadsheet included, too.
Healthy Meal Plan
I found a zucchini in my garden this week! Summer produce is not done with us this year! And while I am excited about fall flavors, I am also very happy to use what is still growing in my garden, so we are making lasagna stuffed zucchini and also zucchini taco skillet this week.
For breakfast I’m loving the idea of steel cut oats. They keep me so full – I love prepping a bunch using either the IP or my Slow Cooker. I have been doing this for years – I used to make an apple cinnamon version of the slow cooker oats when I was teaching. I had to stop because the smell of the apples would wake me up in the middle of the night and I would be too hungry to go back to sleep ! Try that version, or you could also top with bananas and PB this week – yum!
Fit Healthy Meal Plans
In case you missed it, we launched a Brand New Meal Planning App called Fit Healthy Meal Plans! This app is the perfect way to take my Meal Plan inspo and totally customize YOUR plan + grocery list! It’s seriously a game changer for all my meal planning peeps!!!
Click here to read more, but just reach out if you have any questions!
App Users- What Fall Favorites do you want to see in the app? Find lots of meal plan inspo on Fit Healthy Meal Plans app!
About This Meal Plan
If you have been following full plans, and are new to my weekly meal plans, each week there are five dinners and a breakfast planned out, along with a lunch suggestion.
These weekly plans allow for more flexibility, but the meal plan still follows the 21 Day Fix containers and also includes WW points. This plan is perfect for anyone who is interested in healthy eating, portion control, prioritizing whole foods, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Grocery List and Prep Tips
The grocery list can be found in my weekly email for email subscribers! In the weekly email there are also printable prep tips for these meal plans which makes the week go SOO much smoother in the prep department. It’s not too late to become an email subscriber and get these resources. Just click the link to sign up – it’s FREE!
For 21 Day FIX | Portion Fix Meal Plan Followers
So, all five dinners and a breakfast are already loaded into a meal planning spreadsheet for you here. Just add in lunch and snacks and make any adjustments you need. Note: Click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If paper and pencil is more your thing try these:
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Followers
We are working on converting each recipe on the site to the new WW points system. Some recipes still have a link to find your personal points, while others have the points listed. In both cases, if you go to the recipe card on each blog post you will find the WW points info in the “notes” section. Thank you for bearing with us while we work on adapting to the new system!
You can see how the whole week fits together on the 9.25.23 Meal Plan at a Glance Spreadsheet.
For best results: click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
The Primal Kitchen Salad dressing was on sale at my local market, so I am back to being hooked on the Kale Caesar Salad. Also the Zucchini Lasagna Boats are another great lunch or perfect for re-purposing for leftovers, if you have them!
For other lunch ideas, check out this popular post – 35+ High Protein Lunch Ideas!
When I meal plan I always start by planning my dinners. Then breakfast, then lunch. And finally, I fill in my snacks for the day with my remaining macros, points, or containers.
Healthy Snack Ideas | 21 Day Fix Snacks this post is a great way to get ideas for the containers, points, or macros you have leftover after you plan the rest of your day!
It’s still important to follow the 21 Day Fix plan on Saturdays and Sundays for optimal results, but you will likely have leftover meals and ingredients after following this healthy weekly meal plan. And, so, to eliminate food waste, take inventory of your fridge and pantry at the end of the week and create a plan for the weekend. Many people like to get some healthy takeout one night – think yummy salads with grilled protein or a slice of veggie pizza – and we have this helpful Healthy Weekend Meals post to help you even more!
You are in luck! I have 17 FREE and FULL 21 Day Fix Meal Plans for all of the calorie brackets ready to go for you!
This Week’s Plan
- Cooking oil spray I use coconut or avocado, but it doesn’t matter
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mills Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
- 2 ½ cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- maple syrup/honey
- fruit and nut toppers or even some nut butter!
- splash of almond milk my kids like it with some milk
- 5 oz baby kale crisped in cold water if needed and dried well
- 5 oz romaine lettuce washed and dried very well
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast
- 1 bag Parmesan Whisps or similar product
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan from a block of Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 1 bottle Primal Kitchen Caesar dressing or homemade Caesar dressing
- 2 limes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean grass-fed ground sirloin
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or salt free taco seasoning
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes or (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Optional taco toppings
- Avocado, cilantro, extra cheese, anything goes!
For the Chicken and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lb pound Chicken tenderloins or breasts (I love Butcher Box Chicken) diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil divided use
- 1 tsp sesame oil divided use
- 2 tablespoon butter divided use
- 1/4 large onion or ½ small cut into thick slices
- 2 cups (8oz) baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups (about 1 large or 2 small) zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ½ tablespoon coconut aminos divided use
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
Yum Yum Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 4 tsp naturally sweetened ketchup
- 1 tsp rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1/2 – 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 package Italian chicken or turkey sausage or make your own
- 3 cups kale
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders cut into about 40 bite sized pieces
- 2 cups brown rice cereal can sub GF or whole wheat panko
- ¼- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne I would start with ¼ tsp and test a small batch before adding more!
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce I use Franks
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup plain Greek Yogurt 2% for the FIX, fat free for WW
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional