This Turkey Quinoa Taco Bake is a family comfort food favorite, hidden veggies and all. Using precooked quinoa, store bought pico and canned tomato sauce, dinner will be on the table in no time!
Confession # 13- I ate more of this than I should have.
It was just that good.
Between daylight savings and a baby with an ear infection (but hooray for tubes today!), this momma is tired. No, exhausted. And all I want to do is curl up with a bowl of something warm and comforting for dinner.
Something with cheese. Lots of melty cheese.
But I also want to stay on plan. And I need another green in my day.
This dish is exactly that. But packed with protein, veggies and some extra hidden veggies, I can indulge and stick to the plan. And I actually had some leftover cooked quinoa from my meal prep, so this came together super quick.
Nobody needs to know about that zucchini, either. It’s shredded so teeny tiny that you can’t even see it.
I won’t tell if you don’t tell.
What do I need to make Turkey Quinoa Taco Bake?
- lean ground turkey
- diced onion, tomato and peppers **you can use premade fresh salsa or 2 cans of Rotelle
- tomato sauce (use homemade or no sugar added to count as a GREEN!)
- shredded zucchini
- cooked quinoa
- shredded cheese
- fresh garlic
- chili powder
- fresh cilantro
Looking for more Taco recipes? Try one of these-
Looking for more Mexican inspired recipes? Check out these recipe roundups-
Turkey Quinoa Taco Bake
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups diced onion tomato and peppers **you can use premade fresh salsa or 2 cans of Rotelle
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce use homemade or no sugar added to count as a GREEN!
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/3 cup avocado
- 1 tablespoon chili powder + 2 tsp of cumin or 2T Salt Free Taco Seasoning
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350. Sauté the garlic and turkey until the meat is no longer pink. Add spices and tomato mixture and simmer for few minutes.
- Next, add in the secret shredded zucchini. Again- simmer together for two minutes or so.
- Add cooked quinoa and sauce.
- Spray a casserole pan with cooking spray and add meat and quinoa mixture. Top with cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly awesome. Portion into 4 servings and top with avocado