Clean pumpkin pie isn’t just a healthy holiday dessert, it is also a delicious holiday dessert!
Confession #66 – I plan on enjoying every bite of Thanksgiving without regarding to containers, colors, or anything else. It’s only one day, right?
The problem, though, is when you start eating clean, even one meal or one day off track can make you feel totally awful.
Desserts full of butter and sugar seem to be the worst for me… and I love my holiday treats!
That’s where recipes like this clean pumpkin pie are awesome.
It took me awhile to perfect this, but it was totally worth the trouble. My son is dairy and gluten free, so I had extra motivation to get this right. And not only is this df and gf, it is free of refined sugars, paleo friendly, and completely clean.
The crust on this clean pumpkin pie was surprisingly delicious, reminiscent of our favorite almond flour cookies. And the filling was spot on. If your guests are looking for a traditional pumpkin pie, you might consider using this filling with a regular pie crust. Or just make two, which is what I plan to do.
Oh, and don’t skip the topping. Everyone in my house loves it, despite the fact that it is totally dairy and sugar free.
Here’s the clean pumpkin pie recipe:Print
A rich, sweet, and delicious pumpkin pie, made using CLEAN ingredients! A 21 Day Fix approved recipe.
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch stevia or 6-8 drops of liquid
- 4 T plus 2 t melted coconut oil
- 4 T pure maple syrup
FOR THE FILLING:
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. canned coconut milk
- 3 eggs
FOR THE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 1 can of chilled coconut milk
- pinch of powdered stevia or ten drops of liquid stevia (or more to taste)
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of 9″ pie plate
- Place ingredients into a bowl and stir to form crumbles.
- Transfer dough to the prepared pie plate and press down with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then press crust down with a spoon.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Add the pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, coconut milk, and eggs to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth. Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. **Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent browning. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is slightly puffed and firmly set.
- Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Remove chilled coconut milk from the fridge and gently turn the can upside down, but be sure not to shake it. Open the can and remove all of the clear coconut water. (Save this for your Shakeology.)
- Put the thick cream in your mixer bowl and stevia. Whip until you have soft, fluffy peaks. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
Count as 1 YELLOW
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin pie, fall, seasonal, dessert, pie, gluten-free, grain-free
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women!