Quick and Easy 21 Day Fix One Skillet Burrito Bowl that gets dinner on the table in under 30 minutes! Now updated with WW Freestyle points!
Confession #76 – I, too, have a hard time with consistent weekly meal prep.
While I am a huge fan of meal prep, I also understand the reality of our busy lives and it’s just not always possible, is it?
It’s ok. You are not alone.
And while I firmly believe meal planning and prep are one of the key components of success on the 21 Day Fix, having easy, one skillet meals in your arsenal, like this one, is going to help you. A lot.
Who doesn’t love a burrito bowl? My whole family ate this, and I just kept some without cheese for my dairy free/gluten free son and he gobbled it up, too. What’s also awesome is the rice cooks right in the skillet – no need to use a different pot or cook ahead of time. And easy prep and easy clean-up makes this one, like last week’s recipe, a no brainer for a busy weeknight. Done and done.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Love One Skillet meals like this Burrito Bowl? Check these out-
21 Day Fix One Skillet Burrito Bowl
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 lb lean ground meat I used ground turkey
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quick cook brown rice I LOVE Aldi organic
- 1 cup organic low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped green onion
- Coat a pan with olive oil spray and saute meat until cooked through.
- Add peppers and diced tomatoes to pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add rice, broth, beans, corn and spices. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes (or follow directions on your rice) until rice is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, and cover again for 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Top with fresh cilantro, green onion, and serve!
- This would also be yummy with olives, fresh lime, avocado, and plain Greek yogurt if you have any on hand!