Full of flavor and ready in minutes, this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Recipe is our new favorite for Taco Tuesday…especially when paired with my favorite Mexican Street Corn Salad and fresh avocado and mango! Wrap them up in lettuce wraps or tortillas for a yummy dinner!
1lb of large wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp avocado or olive oil
2–3 T of salt free taco seasoning
¼–½ tsp salt
Zest of one lime
Street Corn Salad:
4 cups of corn (can be fresh off the cob, frozen, or canned)
cooking oil spray
3 tsp of butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of minced red onion
1 jalapeño, diced and seeded
3 T minced cilantro
1/3 cup of Cotija cheese (you can sub feta if you want)
For the dressing:
1T plain Greek yogurt
juice from one lime
1/4 tsp chili powder
Bib or Butter Lettuce Leaves and/or corn | flour tortillas
Instructions for the Shrimp:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt, and taco seasoning. Then add lime zest. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp to the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I don’t really turn them, I just shake halfway through! Your shrimp might need more or less time depending on their size and on your air fryer model
Instructions For the Street Corn Salad:
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside or store in the refrigerator until you are ready for it.
- In a nonstick or cast iron pan, spray cooking oil spray, then melt the butter over medium heat. Add in corn and sauté until it begins to toast, gently stirring kernels around with a rubber spatula and lowering heat if necessary so the kernels don’t burn. Add in garlic for the last minute and cook until fragrant. (if you are short on time, you can skip this part and just toss everything together!!!)
- Remove corn from heat and add it to a mixing bowl. Toss in cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion. Stir, then pour in the dressing and finally the cheese. Sprinkle with some salt and some additional chili powder, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with some additional cilantro, if desired!
To Assemble Tacos:
- Allow shrimp to cool slightly and cut into smaller pieces, if desired
- Add 1/4 cup of shrimp to one lettuce cups, then top with 2 T of street corn, 1 T diced avocado, 2 T diced mango.
Makes 4 servings (see how to assemble your tacos above)
21 Day Fix: 1/2 GREEN, 1 RED (you can measure your shrimp to make sure), 1/2 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE, 1/4 PURPLE, 1/2 TSP (per 3 lettuce wraps)
Keywords: Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Taco Recipe, Shrimp Tacos, Mexican Street Corn Salad