A fun spin on a Cucumber Tomato Salad with the addition of Avocado, Feta and a yummy, honey lemon dressing, this Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe is the perfect Summer Salad or Picnic Side!
For the Salad:
- ¼ small red onion diced
- 2 cups chopped cucumber (about one whole cucumber) with the seeds removed if desired (I scoop them out and then chop into half moons)
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes – about 2 cups
- 3/4 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or dill)
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice – from 1-2 fresh lemons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the diced red onions in a small bowl and cover them with cold water (this helps remove some of the onions’ harsh bite).
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a very large bowl, place the cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, 2.5 T of the feta, and cilantro. Drain the red onion, then add it to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the top, then stir very gently to combine. Sprinkle the remaining feta over the top. Enjoy immediately.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 cup serving – 1 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 3/4 TSP (per serving) ; 1/2 cup serving – 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 TSP (per serving)
WW: Green, Blue, Purple- 5 points (per 1 cup serving)
Keywords: cucumber tomato salad, cucumber tomato avocado salad, cucumber tomato salad recipe, cucumber tomato feta salad