This Gluten Free Apple Tart recipe has all the flavors of apple pie, but without all the fuss! It comes together quickly, and no special tart pan needed – just a regular old baking sheet!
For the crust:
2 T maple syrup
2 T coconut oil, melted
¼ tsp salt
For the apple topping:
3–4 Honeycrisp or apples of your choice, thinly sliced
3 T + 1 tsp maple syrup, divided
2 tsp + 1 tsp melted coconut oil, divided
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In your food processor, add in your oats and pulse until you get a fine oat flour, scraping the sides of your food processor to get all the remaining pieces of oats. Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse until a crust forms.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and form a rectangular crust, cutting the edges to make a perfect rectangle, if desired. Place the bottom sheet of parchment paper and dough onto a baking sheet.
- Next, mix sliced apples with maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Fan apples out on top of crust.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then brush another tsp of maple syrup and melted coconut oil over the apples. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
- Allow tart to cool slightly before cutting and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Makes 8 servings
21 Day Fix: 1/3 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 PURPLE, 1 oil teaspoon, 2 sweetener teaspoons (per serving)
WW: Green – 8 points, Blue – 8 points, Purple – 7 points (per serving)
Keywords: Apple Tart, Gluten Free Apple Tart, Dairy Free Apple Tart, Gluten Free Dessert