A Healthy Weekly Meal Plan with meals full of yummy summer produce! We’re also cooking once and eating twice during meal prep. This meal plan has breakfast, lunch, and 5 dinner ideas to make a stress free week in the kitchen. Plus 21 Day Fix Containers, WW points, and a meal planning spreadsheet included, too.
Healthy Meal Plan
We are enjoying a little more freedom in our current summer schedule and it’s been fun to be back in the kitchen experimenting and making some of my favorite summer produce forward recipes. This week’s plan is a combination of what I made this week and what I want to make next week .
My inspo for this week – I recently made a HUGE crock pot of BBQ Chicken instead of using my Instant Pot and we ate it so many different ways – as tacos, in zucchini boats, in sandwiches, and my husband even added some to his chili . I planned on freezing some but it was gone by day 4. I love that it’s a really simple recipe that can yield a lot of food – and crazy easy to prep on a Sunday while still doing all your summer activities!
I also made Zucchini Fritters this week, and it’s hard to just eat two, but they are so incredibly tasty and you will looking forward to leftovers! If you need to bulk up breakfast – add a carb and some breakfast meat.
I love the idea of stir fry as a lunch. It’s so versatile! Use whatever veggies you love from this season. Since there is a lot of yellow container wiggle room on this plan, you can always make some brown rice and Yum yum sauce, if you’re feeling fancy! Have a delicious week!
Fit Healthy Meal Plans
In case you missed it, we launched a Brand New Meal Planning App called Fit Healthy Meal Plans! This app is the perfect way to take my Meal Plan inspo and totally customize YOUR plan + grocery list! It’s seriously a game changer for all my meal planning peeps!!!
Click here to read more, but just reach out if you have any questions!
App Users- We are continuing to add to the Summer Favorites category on the app. This is a great place for warm weather inspo if you need a dish for a BBQ or quick summer recipe! Find these and more on the Fit Healthy Meal Plans app!
About This Meal Plan
If you have been following full plans, and are new to my weekly meal plans, each week there are five dinners and a breakfast planned out, along with a lunch suggestion.
These weekly plans allow for more flexibility, but the meal plan still follows the 21 Day Fix containers and also includes WW points. This plan is perfect for anyone who is interested in healthy eating, portion control, prioritizing whole foods, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Grocery List and Prep Tips
The grocery list can be found in my weekly email for email subscribers! In the weekly email there are also printable prep tips for these meal plans which makes the week go SOO much smoother in the prep department. It’s not too late to become an email subscriber and get these resources. Just click the link to sign up – it’s FREE!
For 21 Day FIX | Portion Fix Meal Plan Followers
So, all five dinners and a breakfast are already loaded into a meal planning spreadsheet for you here. Just add in lunch and snacks and make any adjustments you need. Note: Click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If paper and pencil is more your thing try these:
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Followers
We are working on converting each recipe on the site to the new WW points system. Some recipes still have a link to find your personal points, while others have the points listed. In both cases, if you go to the recipe card on each blog post you will find the WW points info in the “notes” section. Thank you for bearing with us while we work on adapting to the new system!
You can see how the whole week fits together on the 8.7.23 Meal Plan at a Glance Spreadsheet.
For best results: click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
I love the idea of stir fry as a lunch. It’s so versatile! Use whatever veggies you love from this season. You can always make some brown rice and Yum yum sauce, if you’re feeling fancy!
For other lunch ideas, check out this popular post – 35+ High Protein Lunch Ideas!
When I meal plan I always start by planning my dinners. Then breakfast, then lunch. And finally, I fill in my snacks for the day with my remaining macros, points, or containers.
Healthy Snack Ideas | 21 Day Fix Snacks this post is a great way to get ideas for the containers, points, or macros you have leftover after you plan the rest of your day!
It’s still important to follow the 21 Day Fix plan on Saturdays and Sundays for optimal results, but you will likely have leftover meals and ingredients after following this healthy weekly meal plan. And, so, to eliminate food waste, take inventory of your fridge and pantry at the end of the week and create a plan for the weekend. Many people like to get some healthy takeout one night – think yummy salads with grilled protein or a slice of veggie pizza – and we have this helpful Healthy Weekend Meals post to help you even more!
You are in luck! I have 17 FREE and FULL 21 Day Fix Meal Plans for all of the calorie brackets ready to go for you!
This Week’s Plan
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup Seasoned gluten free breadcrumbs
- Optional – fresh herbs – parsley, basil, oregano I often eat them plain, though!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cups veggies of your choice broccoli, matchstick carrots, and bell peppers are faves
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cooking spray
For the Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos can sub low sodium soy sauce if not gluten-free
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Sprinkle sea or Himalayan salt and black pepper
For the Chicken:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle pepper
- 1 -2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts cut into smaller strips or chunks
For the Slaw:
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 cups coleslaw mix or chop your own cabbage
- 1/4 red onion cut into skinny strips
- ½-1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 lb organic ground turkey or chicken be sure cook through for crock pot version
- 2 cups bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 10 oz tomatoes and green chilies 1 can
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoon Salt Free Taco Seasoning or sub 1 Tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp cumin
- Organic chicken broth 1 cup for crock pot; 1/2 cup for Instant Pot
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Fresh lime
- Lettuce wraps or corn tortillas optional
- 2 large zucchini
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt + an extra dash for zucchini
- 1 pound shredded or diced chicken
- ¾ cup homemade BBQ sauce (you can sub store bought low sugar BBQ sauce)
- ⅔ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided (you can double this if you have extra blue)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of black pepper optional
- ¼ red onion diced or sliced (optional)
- Garnish – just a couple sliced or diced jalapenos, green onion, and/or cilantro
- 1 lb lean spicy turkey or chicken sausage
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups zucchini chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons ketchup look for an organic naturally sweetened ketchup (if keto, use a no sugar ketchup)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayo
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground beef I prefer ground chuck
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse kosher or sea salt
- Dill burger pickles
- Iceberg or romaine lettuce for wrapping burger or your favorite gluten free or whole wheat burger bun
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Additional toppings: onions, tomatoes, bacon whatever you love! I happen to like a more plain burger.
- 2 large potatoes yellow, yukon gold, or russet*
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil can sub olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt